POSITION: Practice Coordinator
Hours: 38 hours/week, Fixed Term Full-Time, including occasional after-hours work
To apply and be considered for this position, you need to submit:
- Current resume (maximum three pages)
- Cover letter summarising your interest in the role and how your experience and skills enable you to meet position requirements (maximum one page)
- Response to Key Selection Criteria (maximum two pages)
- Contact details for three referees including current employer
Eating Disorders Queensland (EDQ) is a state-wide, community-based not-for-profit organisation based in South Brisbane. We provide treatment and support for individuals living with an eating disorder, their carers, loved ones, and key support people.
The Value that drives EDQ culture:
o Creating an inclusive and connected community that inspires hope and compassion
o Creating a safe environment where people have the power to lead recovery
o We work with respect, through honesty, trust and empathy in all that we do
o Working collaboratively and creatively to provide high-quality, responsive programs, services and initiatives
o We foster diversity through sharing learning among people with eating disorders, carers and sector partners.
The Practice Coordinator is the first point of call for EDQ and needs to interact with the organisation with a range of contacts at all levels, internally and externally. This position provides an essential support function and is required to work within the values framework of EDQ.
The Practice Coordinator leads all administration areas, including financial support, information management, office facilities management, essential support to the CEO, clinical and coaching staff, and quality standards alongside the Care Navigator.
You will need to be able to manage a busy practice of eating disorder practitioners, Medicare and NDIS contractors and all the processes that go along with a jam-packed community-based not-for-profit organisation.
Appropriate and timely responses to service users and staff queries are needed while ensuring that back-of-house functions effectively support service provision.
This role operates within a collaborative team environment that is highly responsive to the needs of service users and is committed to continuous improvement and best practice principles.
EDQ is a dynamic, high-energy organisation, working with clients with multiple and complex needs – with the need for all staff to triage competing priorities.
Perks & Benefits
• Supportive and collaborative work culture and public health events and advocacy
• Ongoing training and supervision throughout the role
• Where isolation is required due to COVID-19 exposure, the option to work from home
• Onsite parking and close to multiple public transport options
• A workplace that values the voice of lived experience
• Safe culture for those with a lived experience of eating disorders (if applicable)
• Salary packaging offered
- Respond to client inquiries promptly and with empathy, timely and accurate provision of EDQ endorsed information, resources, and appropriate eating disorder recovery-focused language
- Responsive and timely support to all Eating Disorder Practitioners – client needs are always prioritise
- Development and maintenance of administrative systems to maximise productivity, efficiency, and quality control
- Maintaining & auditing Share Drive filing systems in line with auditing requirements
- Proactively and timely communication and execution of tasks as a member of a collaborative team contributing to shared work functions, team processes and service development
- Essential function of collating and keeping track of accurate financial documents through DEXT and XERO, as an external accounting firm requires
- Manage Medicare/NDIS processes for contracted practitioners and client support services for eating disorder practitioners.
- Development and maintenance of appropriate human resources systems and recruitment processes
- Support Care Navigator with web enquiries, email campaigns, social media and mail distribution systems
- Maintain the office and premises, cleaning rosters, room hire and diary management, library, procurement, maintenance and servicing of equipment, order/purchase of office supplies, troubleshoot and field appropriately IT-related issues
- Timely and accurate data input into CSNet Client management system (Training to be provided)
- Support the CEO and team with special projects/events as required.
- Significant supportive role to the CEO, around the preparation of all meeting agendas, minute keeping and meeting set-up
- Conduct induction procedure with new staff and volunteers, ensuring all relevant documents, checks and contracts have been signed off
- Coordinate the volunteer program, ensuring volunteers are provided with support, training and allocated tasks that match their skill sets and organisational needs
- Experience in an Administrative and Coordination role in a busy Community and/or Allied Health practice
- Essential Medicare & NDIS administrative knowledge
- Experience working in a community-based/human services organisation
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse people and develop and maintain professional relationships
- Ability to work independently, proactively and with accountability
- Satisfactory criminal history check and Working with Children Check.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and an understanding of the Privacy Act
- Work health and safety (WHS) responsibilities: All employees must take reasonable care for their health and safety and other personnel who may be affected by their conduct.
- Ability to work in Australia
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Advanced skills in all Office software, especially Excel and Outlook
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills
- Ability and resilience to manage a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
- Knowledge of eating disorders/ prepared to gain knowledge
- Mental Health First aid certificate/ prepared to gain one as soon as possible
- Event coordination, communication, marketing knowledge
- Valid and current Qld Driver’s License
Need to have or obtain
- Queensland Working with Children Check (renewed every five years)
- Queensland ‘Yellow Card’ Application for criminal history screening
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be conducting interviews as we receive applications. This position vacancy will expire on 17/06/2022 if not filled before.