As Eating Disorders Qld has waiting lists for most services, from time to time we will provide updates on services available elsewhere. River Oak Health is a private practice dedicated to the management of eating, weight & body image concerns. They have offices in Kelvin Grove, North Lakes, and Toowoomba.
Due to an expansion in staff and the development of some new initiatives, River Oak Health has reduced wait times for services and will be introducing three new services to their practice from July.
- Intensive Outpatient Program – 3hrs a day, 3 days a week for sixteen weeks (Tue, Thu and Sat)
- Supportive Meal Therapy sessions – each Thursday
- Recovery Coaching sessions – immediate availability
Wait times for individual consults are currently:
- Psychology sessions available:
- Family Based Therapy (FBT) – immediate availability
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT-e) – wait time 2-4 weeks
- Non-specific, eating disorder focused psychological therapy and counselling – wait time 2-4 weeks
- Dietitian sessions available:
- Child, Adolescent and Adults – wait time 2 weeks
For information, please call 1300 240127 or visit the website www.riveroakhealth.com.au