Title: Mental Health Social Worker/Psychologist/Clinical Psychologist(Eating Disorders)
Hours: 30- 38 hours per week (flexible to negotiate)
Award: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award Classification
Location: South Brisbane (State-wide service delivery, onsite and telehealth)
The Eating Disorder Practitioner with a PROVIDER number, to provide therapeutic services to people with a range of eating disorders.
To apply, email the following to email@example.com:
- Resume (maximum three pages)
- Cover letter (maximum one page)
- Response to Key Selection Criteria (below) (maximum two pages)
This position operates within a collaborative team environment that is responsive to the needs of service users and is committed to continuous improvement and best practice principles. The practitioner is also required to work within the Vision and Mission of Eating Disorders Queensland (EDQ) and contribute to organisational objectives.
The Mental Health Social Worker/Psychologist/Clinical Psychologist (Eating Disorders) provides therapeutic services to people with a range of eating disorders who have either have a Mental Health Care Plan or an Eating Disorder Plan billed through Medicare or an NDIS funding package. This role will be on a contractor basis.
- Eating disorder experience is not essential but is preferred, with demonstrated transferable skills.
- Trauma-informed practice is highly regarded
- Strong Social Justice approach
- Ongoing training and supervision (non-registrar supervision) provided
- Collaborative work environment
- Flexible working arrangement
- Onsite parking and close to multiple public transport options
- A workplace that values the voice of lived experience
- Safe culture for those with a lived experience of eating disorders (if applicable)
- Client Care –Navigation provided
- Work for an agile, responsive, and innovative organisation
- Be part of research, national and international conference presentations
- Publication of manuscripts
- A leading organisation in eating disorders, nationally recognized
- Salary packaging
Eating Disorders Queensland (EDQ) is a community-based organisation providing therapeutic groups, counselling, and peer mentoring, as well as information and referral services, to people with eating disorders and their carers.
Our Values: Nurture, Empowerment, Integrity, Innovation, and Collaboration.
- Valuing relationships, self-care, care and connection through engagement and capacity building.
- Strong collaborative shared decision-making environment.
- Respectful recovery orientated, empowerment and strengths-based processes that promote empowerment, self-determination, inclusion, and choice.
- Promoting individual and social change as well as prevention.
- Valuing each person and lived experience.
- Recognising the interactive impact of individual factors, family factors (including genetics), socio-cultural factors, and gender on the development, maintenance, and prevention of eating disorders.
- We value the important role that medical and psychiatric services can have in recovery from an eating disorder and offer our services as a partner as well as alternative to the medical model, depending on client need.
The contractor role sits within the Allied Health Team, supervised by EDQ Senior Practitioner and reporting to EDQ Chief Executive Officer.
Respond to the following Key Selection Criteria:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Clinical Psychology, with training and/or experience in the eating disorders field being highly valued, but not essential.
- Hold a Medicare provider number and/or NDIS eligibility
- Be able to commit a reasonable term of working with EDQ and EDQ Clients
- Strongly align with EDQ’s feminist framework which values relationship, openness, transparency and diversity, anti-oppression, and a strong social justice perspective.
- Have passion about eradicating weight stigma and diet culture.
- Promote the voices of lived experience through consultation
- Demonstrated experience in counselling with a comprehensive understanding of the impact of eating disorders in clinical work with adults, young people, and families as well as co-occurring presentations, such as mental health and drug and alcohol concerns.
- Demonstrated experience working with complex clients
- A solid understanding of evidence based psychological interventions e.g., Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Expressive Therapies and/or Dialectic Behaviour Therapy and Specialist Supportive Clinical Management of Eating Disorders (SSCM) is also required.
- Create and maintain records via EDQ’s Medicare software/system in relation to client notes, measurement tools, GP Mental Health Plan or Specialised Eating Disorder Care Plan, NDIS, and GP client reports.
- Commit to client KPI of 6 per day
- Work in collaboration with EDQ’s admin support regarding client session bookings and payment process
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and excellent engagement skills, especially in engaging people with eating disorders.
- Autonomous worker guided by EDQ policy and procedures and professional registration body’s guidelines
The applicant must possess:
- Valid and current Qld Driver’s Licence.
- Current (or be able to attain) Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and Disability Worker Screening (Yellow Card)