Due to the increased need for eating disorder services, EDQ is expanding their team; we are excited to be recruiting for the position of Eating Disorder Practitioner (12-Month Locum).
- Work in line with EDQ’s policies and procedures.
- Deliver specialist therapeutic services to people with eating disorders from a multi-disciplinary approach underpinned by a feminist/social justice practice framework with an evidence-based understanding of the impact of eating disorders in clinical work with adults, young people, and families, as well as working with related co-occurring mental health and social issues.
- Foster a collaborative culture committed to practising individual/team supervision, professional development, and professional ethics.
- Deliver therapeutic/ psychosocial group work and peer mentoring programs in consultation with service users.
- Modelling adequate/varied eating when required (e.g. during meal support and in groups) according to RAVES principles
- Provide initial phone assessments, information and referral services to clients, families, carers, professionals, and the broader community.
- Supervise and support students and volunteers, ensuring positive learning experiences and client outcomes.
- Represent EDQ at relevant networking meetings and events when required, understand the human services sector comprehensively, and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Proactively communicate as a team member, contributing to shared work functions and team processes.
- Support the Treatment Services Team Lead with reviewing, developing, and implementing policies and procedures and ensure new service models meet best practice standards and maximise available resources. Undertake data collection and analysis via client management systems to ensure continuous quality improvement, knowledge development and research, and regular reporting.
- Support innovative state-wide service delivery, including delivery of telehealth sessions for both individual and group work. Some travel may be required at times.
- Collaborate with the Care Navigator to manage client flow through the organisation.
For a full position description and selection criteria, visit https://www.seek.com.au/job/67874872
Applications can be sent to [email protected] and will close on 1st July if the position is not filled prior. We will be interviewing as we receive applications.