We know that the December holiday season can be a difficult time for those in eating disorder recovery, as well as for their loved ones.
General Manager Belinda Chelius joined Carer Leslee, and Lived Experience Speaker Laura recently to answer questions we received from clients. We hope these are helpful as you prepare for meals and events during the holiday season.
In this episode we discuss:
- How to have a meal with someone in recovery?
- “Why should I have to change my behaviour? I don’t have the eating disorder.”
- How to have a conversation with your loved one about what is manageable for them?
- What are the most important skill to get you through?
- What to do when you have no core support system in place?
See also: Managing Your Mental Health Online During the Festive Season resources pdf