Fostering Recovery is a skills-based workshop for carers and key supports. This workshop is based on strategies from the work of Professor Janet Treasure which focus on a collaborative approach to supporting a loved one .
- Understand more about eating disorders and ways to support your loved one’s recovery
- Make meal times less stressful
- Enhance your communication skills with your loved one
- Foster a healthier relationship with your loved one
- Facilitated by experienced EDQ Family & Carer coaches specialising in eating disorders
As part of the registration process, you will be contacted prior by EDQ for a phone/zoom intake to establish if the workshop will meet your needs. Following this intake, you can also book individual coaching sessions if you require assistance with any of the skills taught in the workshop. Note: it is not a requirement of this workshop that your loved one is connected with EDQ.
Recommended pre-reading: ‘Skills-based caring for a loved one with an eating disorder’ by Janet Treasure and colleagues can be purchased online or through EDQ.