EDQ is committed to preventing the spread of COVID-19 in our community and reducing the risk of exposure to our staff, clients and visitors. To ensure the delivery of all our support services in a safe, practical & innovative way we are taking precautionary measures to protect everyone who visits EDQ.
How will we do that?
- All EDQ staff are required to wash their hands often throughout the day and practice all health and hygiene requirements set out in EDQ’s current policies and advised by the Health Authorities
- We ask staff/clients/visitors with cold/fever/flu symptoms not to come into EDQ and instead reschedule their appointment or attend via Zoom
- EDQ require, with respect and gratitude, all clients choosing to attend in person to wash their hands on arrival
- EDQ has asked all staff to use cleansing/disinfecting wipes to clean surfaces and touchpoints after each client, in all counselling rooms
How can we all contribute?
Updated 07 August 2020
- Wash hands for 20 seconds with soap and water on arrival
- All staff and clients please use hand sanitiser regularly
- Please practice cough and sneeze hygiene practices
- Please practice social distancing of at least 1.5metres (virtual hugs and air high fives are our go-to)
We encourage self-declaration please
- Have you travelled overseas or to Australian hotspots within the last 21 days?
- Has a member of your household returned from overseas travel or an Australian hotspot within the last 21 days?
- Have you had close contact* with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
*As defined by health department officials such as WHO, Qld Health, or Federal Health Department
Service Delivery at EDQ
As of Monday 10 August, EDQ will be returning to our physical office space – now at 51 Edmondstone Street, South Brisbane.
- EDQ treatment and support services will be offered face to face or via telehealth (Zoom or phone)
- EDQ Peer Support Worker can provide 1:1 meal support and peer support to clients via telehealth
- EDQ can support clients or EDQ community members with any technical support to set up telehealth platforms
I was seeing a Medicare practitioner
Medicare rebated sessions will continue to be offered both face to face and via telehealth (Zoom)
Group activities and events
Group treatment and supports will only run via telehealth (Zoom) for the foreseeable future.
Please keep an eye on our social media, website, and email announcements (check your junk mail
Eating Disorders Queensland supports a vibrant community of individuals recovering from an eating disorder, including people with lived experiences, carers and family members.
EDQ’s culture has been and still is about strong community connection, recovery, hope and resilience. As a team we are working hard at translating our core values into a service that is meaningful, aids ongoing recovery, connection and community generated support.
We are driven by lived experience that informs our connection with you.
Feel free to call EDQ 07 3844 6055 with any questions, suggestions or requests. For updated information, reliable facts and QLD Health response click here.