- Title: Eating Disorders Practitioner (NDIS)
- Hours: Negotiable
- Location: Brisbane (State-wide service delivery, onsite and telehealth)
- Award: Independent Contractor
The Eating Disorders Practitioner (NDIS) provides Therapeutic Supports under Capacity Building- Improved Daily living and Specialist Support Coordination to individuals with a range of eating disorders.
This position operates within a collaborative team environment that is responsive to the needs of service users and is committed to continuous improvement and best practice principles. The practitioner is also required to work within the Vision and Mission of Eating Disorders Queensland (EDQ) and contribute to organisational objectives.
Eating Disorders Queensland (EDQ)
Eating Disorders Queensland is a community-based organisation providing therapeutic groups, counselling and peer mentoring, as well as information and referral services, to people with eating disorders and their carers.
Our Values: Nurture, Empowerment, Integrity, Innovation, and Collaboration.
- Valuing Relationships, self-care, care and connection through engagement and capacity building.
- Strong collaborative and shared decision-making environment.
- Respectful, recovery-orientated, and client-centered with strengths-based processes that promote empowerment, self-determination, inclusion and choice.
- Promoting individual and social change as well as prevention.
- Valuing each person and lived experience.
- Recognising the interactive impact of individual factors, family factors (including genetics), socio-cultural factors, and gender, on the development, maintenance, and prevention of eating disorders.
- We value the important role that medical and psychiatric services can have in recovery from an eating disorder and offer our services as a partner, as well as an alternative, to the medical model- depending on client need and choice.
- Work health and safety (WHS) responsibilities: All employees are required to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of other personnel who may be affected by their conduct.
- Work in line with EDQ’s policies and procedures.
- Deliver specialist therapeutic supports and treatment services to people with eating disorders from a multi-disciplinary approach underpinned by evidenced-based best practice frameworks, with a strong understanding of the impact of eating disorders in clinical work with adults, young people and families, as well as working with related co-occurring mental health and social issues.
- Commitment to working within a Feminist practice in relation to Eating Disorders.
- Have a knowledge of and work within NDIS requirements, documentation, processes, and procedures.
- Foster a culture of collaboration that is committed to reflective practice, individual/team supervision, professional development, and professional ethics.
- Proactively communicate as a member of a team contributing to shared work functions and team processes.
- Create and maintain records via EDQ’s software/system in relation to client notes, measurement tools, and NDIS plans.
- Sign a contractor agreement
- Work in collaboration with EDQ’s admin support regarding client session bookings and payment processes.
This position reports to the General Manager and will have supervision with the Senior Practitioner
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Clinical Psychology or Counselling, with experience in the Eating Disorders field being essential, particularly with severe/enduring eating disorders and co-occurring presentations.
- Knowledge and understanding of NDIS system and processes.
- Understanding of a feminist framework which values relationship, openness, transparency, and diversity, and is inclusive of all genders and communities.
- Demonstrated experience in therapeutic support/treatment and complex care coordination with a comprehensive understanding of the impact of eating disorders in clinical work with adults, young people, and families as well as co-occurring presentations, such as mental health, trauma, and drug and alcohol concerns.
- A solid understanding of evidence-based psychological interventions e.g. Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Expressive Therapies and/or Dialectic Behaviour Therapy and Specialist Supportive Clinical Management of Eating Disorders (SSCM).
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and excellent engagement skills- especially in engaging people with eating disorders.
- Autonomous worker guided by EDQ policy and procedures and professional registration body’s guidelines.
The applicant must possess:
- the Queensland Police National Police Records Check
- the Queensland Working with Children Check (renewed every 5 years)
- the Queensland ‘Yellow Card’ Application for criminal history screening