EDQ Individual Counselling supports those recovering from eating disorders with a skilled practitioner in a safe environment.
- Individual Counselling is available to individuals, carers and families across Queensland.
- Counselling support allows people to explore their underlying issues with skilled practitioners in a safe, therapeutic and confidential environment.
- Counselling can be carried out face to face, by phone or via Skype.
- Individuals who are experiencing an eating issue throughout Queensland are eligible to access counselling.
- For clients who are not covered under Medicare, NDIS, or private health insurance, sessions are funded at no cost.
- There is a waitlist to access individual counselling services. The length of this waitlist varies throughout the year.
- GP referral is only required for Medicare-subsidised counselling.
Medicare Rebated Sessions
Medicare Rebates are available for all clients with a valid GP referral.
The rebate amount is dependent on both the referral type, and the treating practitioner. There is a cancellation fee of $15.00 where less than 24 hours notice is given to change or cancel an appointment.
Medicare Rates for EDQ Social worker
- $95.00 - EDQ charge
- $74.80 - Rebate
- $20.20 - Out of pocket per session for client
Medicare Rates for Dietician
- $120.00 - EDQ charge
- $53.80 - Rebate
- $66.20 - Out of pocket per session for client
Medicare Rates for Clinical Psychologist
- $146.50 - EDQ charge
- $126.50 - Rebate
- $20.00 - Out of pocket per session for client
- Individuals, Carers and families can be directed to our contracted Medicare rebated health professionals
- To access Medicare rebated individual counselling sessions, a GP referral will be required
- Up to 40 counselling sessions, or up to 20 dietetics sessions, may be accessed through Medicare, depending on the type of referral
- Following GP referral, you should contact EDQ and request to see a practitioner under the EDP. Our normal intake process will still apply – first a brief phone call, and then an in-person session.
- We can also provide services under NDIS plans - please enquire with one of our staff members for more information
- For those who are not covered by either NDIS or Medicare, we are able to offer free counselling
- Clients are able to participate in our therapeutic groups while accessing individual counselling