EDQ Community-based Meal Support (Brisbane based).
For those who are recovering from eating disorders. We provide a safe, supportive environment where you can work through the challenges associated with eating.
The Community Table is facilitated by qualified Eating Issues Practitioners.
It is designed for those with a variety of eating disorders. As part of each session, the group shares a meal, which is provided by EDQ. The Community Table uses a semi-structure approach, allowing time for pre- and post-meal activities, as well as the flexibility to explore a variety of different topics and skills that may be beneficial to recovery.
The Community Table is a closed group of 6-8 individuals, who meet once a week for 5 weeks. The group sessions are three hours in length and currently run over the lunch period.
There are many reasons to join The Community Table:
- Receive support and understanding from Eating Issues Practitioners and your peers;
- Work towards personal goals around nutrition;
- Rediscover your relationship with food;
- Explore different skills to manage intrusive thoughts and feelings that accompany eating;
- Try new activities that may be helpful during the challenging pre and post meal times.
Find out more about Brisbane Meal Support & The Community Table
Please contact Eating Disorders Queensland by calling 07 3844 6055 or emailing