Title: Eating Disorder Social Worker/Psychologist/Counsellor
Location: Brisbane (State-wide service delivery, onsite and telehealth)
Are you an independent contractor looking for a collaborative and supportive team environment?
Are you able to commit to a reasonable timeframe to work with EDQ and EDQ Clients?
Then this opportunity if for you!
The Eating Disorder Social Worker/Psychologist/Counsellor provides therapeutic services to people with a range of eating disorders who have either have a Mental Health, Eating Disorder Plan billed under Medicare or an NDIS funding package.
- Eating Disorder experience not essential but is preferred, with demonstrated transferable skills.
- Trauma-informed practice is highly regarded.
- Ongoing Training and supervision (non-registrar supervision) provided.
This position operates within a collaborative team environment that is responsive to the needs of service users and is committed to continuous improvement and best practice principles.
The practitioner is also required to work within the Vision and Mission of Eating Disorders Queensland (EDQ) and contribute to organisational objectives.
Respond to the following Selection Criteria:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or Clinical Psychology, with training and/or experience in the eating disorders field being highly valued, but not essential.
- Be able to commit a reasonable term of working with EDQ and EDQ Clients
- Hold a Medicare Provider number and/or NDIS eligibility
- Knowledge and understanding of Medicare and NDIS system and processes.
- Strongly aligned with EDQ’s feminist framework which values relationship, openness, transparency and diversity, anti-oppression, and a strong social justice perspective.
- Have passion about eradicating weight stigma and diet culture.
- Promote the voices of lived experience through consultation
- Demonstrated experience in counselling with a comprehensive understanding of the impact of eating disorders in clinical work with adults, young people, and families as well as co-occurring presentations, such as mental health and drug and alcohol concerns.
- Demonstrated experience working with complex clients
- A solid understanding of evidence based psychological interventions e.g. Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Expressive Therapies and/or Dialectic Behaviour Therapy and Specialist Supportive Clinical Management of Eating Disorders (SSCM) is also required.
- Create and maintain records via EDQ’s Medicare software/system in relation to client notes, measurement tools, GP Mental Health Plan or Specialised Eating Disorder Care Plan, NDIS, and GP client reports.
- Commit to client KPI of 6 per day
- Work in collaboration with EDQ’s admin support regarding client session bookings and payment process
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and excellent engagement skills, especially in engaging people with eating disorders.
- Autonomous worker guided by EDQ policy and procedures and professional registration body’s guidelines
Applications must comprise:
- A one-page cover letter addressed to the CEO summarising relevant experience and skills for the role, with contact details for 3 referees.
- A resume, maximum 3 pages,
- A response to selection criteria contained in the job description, not more than 2 pages
To apply: Applications are invited from Australian citizens or persons with full Australian residency status, with relevant experience.
Applications by email only. We will be conducting interviews as we receive applications.