We are now offering telehealth services as well as in-person service.
- EDQ individual treatment and support services will be offered via telehealth (Microsoft Teams or phone) or in-person. Please let your practitioner know which option you prefer
- EDQ Groups are all available in 2021 – some are held in-person, and some via telehealth. Please check with EDQ for any specific groups/dates.
- Please do not attend EDQ in person if you are feeling unwell
What is telehealth? Telehealth is a secure videoconferencing method that allows practitioners and clients to connect when they are not able to meet in person. This provides you with more options, and allows all of our clients to connect with us in the way that suits them best.
Why are we doing this? EDQ is committed to preventing the spread of COVID-19 in our community and reducing the risk of exposure to our staff, clients and visitors. For more information and support on using telehealth, please contact us.
Covid-19: Stay Updated
- Read updated details of our response to Covid 19 here
- Keep up to date with Qld Health updates here
- Read the current Qld Health ‘Roadmap to Recovery’ here
- Read our Physical Isolation Resource List here
- Keep up to date with Department of Health (National) updates here
- Read: Guide for Clients to set up counselling /coaching space via telehealth
- Read: Guide for Practitioners to set up your telehealth workplace
There’s so much information being released at the moment and it can be hard to keep up with what is a) current and b) accurate. Avoid being overwhelmed with potentially conflicting messages: we recommend reducing your intake of information relating to COVID-19 to local information as much as possible.